How to Play PS2 Games on PC with Emulatorby Atul On May 2nd, 2011
We’ve always wanted to play PS2 games on our PC. Well, now you can finally play your PS2 games without many issues using the PCSX2 v 0.9.8 emulator for Windows and Linux, created by the same team that brought you PCSX (a Sony PS 1 emulator).
It’s been 2 long years in development, but the improvements made are well worth the time. This step by step guide will help you install PCSX2 v 0.9.8 emulator and play PS2 | Playstation 2 games on your PC.
Just a note: Norton Anti-Virus is falsely reporting as a virus, here is the report to prove that it is safe. (Virus Report)
Downloading differs depending on what OS you are on.
NOTE: Full installer comes with Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributables, which you would use for offline installs of PCSX2. Web installer optionally fetches the Redists from Microsoft.com, if you do not have them already installed on your machine.
Binaries: 2.85MB / 7zip: Download
NOTE: On Linux you can fetch the binaries or simply use launchpad
Archive: 10.0MB / 7zip: Download
Steps to Downloading:
STEP 1: Click on download link above
STEP 2: Choose components, We are doing a full install for purposes
NOTE: The full install will automatically install Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributables if needed
STEP 3: Run Set-up Wizard
Choose directory where you store your roms
- There is a totally new threaded GUI including Widgets to make the entire experience better for you.
- Newly provided Linux Support, with a cross platform UI. So any changed will affect Windows and Linux the same.
- New memory card manager. Including such new characteristics as custom nameable(or downloaded) cards and sizes varying from 8-64MB
- Improved host file systems and ELF loading support
- New patches and hacks are auto applied by default
- New VU compiler named microVU which brings higher compatibility to the older superVU recompiler
- New VIF unpacker recompiler which is more secure and precise than the previous version
- Improved SPU2-X sound plugin which boosts sound generation, providing new audio outputs and filtering options improving compatibility
- 65% games are totally playable and, 85% are “ingame” 1500 total games for you to enjoy!
There are several new changes to the GUI as well which include:
- Totally new menus that give quicker config options
- Anytime pause and resume options. Completely safe and effictive
- Anytime setting options, configuration plug-ins as well
- Several new options that make game play way more fun
- Hew tips on how to use settings and options
- Brand new config with a friendlier UI, Including a set-up wizard, defualt reset buttons, as well as global pre-sets
- Games come translated with many languages to pick from
- Usable with Aero Glass, and Windows Eye Candy too
- Greatly improved for Linux!!
Many significant changes have been made to the core to boot:
- The emulation core has been debugged, doctored up, and given a general face-lift
- Innumerable bugs and code generations have been remedied for better game-play
- All new VIF complier
- GS rewrite makes for accelerated and balanced improvements from previous versions
- The database recognizes the game that is being played, and will automatically apply any applicable patches or fixes needed
- GSdx is way faster and consistent than any previous versions
- SPU2-X is now the desired plug-in for this software having evolved, all the SPU2 quirks allowing it to run many many more games!!